Fire Threat Is Extreme On Monday Due To High Winds

Lucy Bush
March 6, 2018

Today: Mostly cloudy with a 30% chance for rain this evening and a high near 51 degrees. Patchy blowing snow after 8 am.

Wind gusts are expected reach more than 20 miles per hour today, but it will be nothing like the wind that pummeled the area during Friday's storm, leaving many without power.

A 40 percent chance of rain and snow is in the forecast for Tuesday during the day, increasing to a 60 percent chance at night. Total daytime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible. But trees or power lines that were weakened by the weekend could be more susceptible to coming down by either the heavy, wet snow or wind gusts. Low around 29. Northwest wind 11 to 13 miles per hour. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

There is a chance of rain and snow before noon, rain and snow is likely between noon and 5 p.m. and then snow is likely after 5 p.m. Skies will be cloudy, with a high of approximately 36. High near 39. East wind 13 to 16 miles per hour becoming north in the afternoon.

A 20 percent chance of snow after midnight.

Vladimir Putin tells US to send evidence of vote meddling
Putin has previously denied that Russian Federation tried to influence the 2016 election. No one listened to us then. "No one really wanted to talk to us basically".

Only one area city has called a snow emergency for Monday night as of 2 p.m. Monday.

Thursday will be partly sunny with a high of 42 and a low around 27.

Tuesday will see more heavy winds between 22 and 32 miles per hour.

Wednesday: Sunny and cool, with a high at 45.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.

Markets Right Now: Stocks waver as Fed chief testifies
Powell replaced Janet Yellen as Fed chairman about three weeks ago and was immediately tested by turmoil in the stock market. A jobless rate of 4.1% is its lowest since 2000 and below what Fed officials view as it's long-term sustainable level.

Hazardous driving conditions will exist Monday as the powerful, cross winds will pose a serious risk for drivers, especially those driving light weight and high-profile vehicles. Partly sunny, with a high near 48.

Saturday night: Mostly cloudy, low around 24.

Friday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.

Friday night: Mostly cloudy, low around 21. Partly sunny, with a high near 43.

Nigeria gov't confirms 110 girls missing after Boko Haram attack
They started telling the terrified girls they were soldiers there to help them, and shepherded them toward their vehicles. Sadly, nearly a week after the tragedy, the actual number of students abducted or rescued remains speculative.

Other reports by Info About Network

Discuss This Article