Mosque Attack In Egypt's Sinai Kills At Least 235

Lucy Bush
November 25, 2017

Egyptian president Abdel Fattah al-Sisi vowed on Friday a "fierce action" will be carried out in response to a mosque's attack in North Sinai province that left at least 235 killed amid local and worldwide condemnation, state-run TV reported.

Worshippers were finishing Friday prayers at the mosque when a bomb exploded, witnesses said.

French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian and British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson also condemned the attack and expressed solidarity with Egypt.

Nintendo's Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp available on Android November 22
Host Animals at Your Campsite: "As you grow your friendships with different animals, they'll want to visit your campsite". Those activities include fossil digging, fishing, making friends, getting a loan and moving into a house, and much more.

President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, a former armed forces commander who presents himself as a defender against Islamist militants, convened an emergency meeting with his defence and interior ministers and intelligence chief soon after the attack, the presidency's Facebook page and state television said.

The improvised explosive device, targeted worshippers gathering for Friday prayers inside a mosque that is believed to be affiliated to Sufi Muslims, who are considered "apostates" by members of the IS affiliated group, "Sinai Province". They also blocked off escape routes from the area by blowing up cars and leaving the burning wrecks blocking the roads, three police officers on the scene said, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to the press.

Photos from inside the mosque showed what appeared to be bodies lined up in rows on the carpet.

Bill Maher: Al Franken shouldn't be 'lumped in' with Roy Moore
The incident took place in 2006 before Franken won the Minnesota Senate seat and during a U.S.O. tour through the Middle East. But he has ignored repeated questions from reporters since then and left it to Sanders to offer bare-bones comments.

"Will be calling the President of Egypt in a short while to discuss the tragic terrorist attack, with so much loss of life".

Condemning the attack on the Sinai mosque that killed over 230 people, US President Donald Trump renewed calls for a travel ban and the border wall, two of his signature campaign promises.

Grand Imam of Al Azhar Ahmed al-Tayeb denounced the attack and stressed the importance of working to eliminate terrorists. "India resolutely supports the fight against all forms of terrorism and stands with the people as well as Government of Egypt".

Sprint Offers Unlimited Freedom Customers Free Hulu
The offer will be available to new or returning Hulu subscribers only, according to the terms and conditions page. To sign up for the offer, starting November 17, Sprint Unlimited Freedom customers can visit sprint.com/hulu.

The White House also said in a statement that "the worldwide community must continue to strengthen its efforts to defeat terrorist groups that threaten the United States and our partners and we must collectively discredit the extremist ideology that forms the basis of their existence".

Other reports by Info About Network

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER