Kellyanne Conway's Husband Knocks President Trump over Travel Ban Tweets

Wendy Jensen
June 6, 2017

The husband of top White House adviser Kellyanne Conway chided President Trump on Monday for ranting in a tweet about the controversial travel ban, saying his remarks won't help the case in the Supreme Court.

George Conway's displeasure over Trump's obsession with social media may be part of the reason he withdrew his name from consideration for a Justice Department post.

NY lawyer George T. Conway III says Trump's Monday tweets taking aim at the Justice Department "may make some ppl feel better", but won't help win a majority in the Supreme Court.

The same day Kellyanne Conway took to the airwaves to complain about the media's focus on Donald Trump's Twitter habits, her husband was tweeting his disapproval of the president's Monday morning tweetstorm.

Apple introduces watchOS 4 at WWDC with new Siri-powered watch face
The Apple Watch's signature Activity ring feature will help you stick to your daily fitness regimen with greater rigor. If you use high-end gym equipment to burn your calories, two-way data exchange will keep your metrics in sync.

Trump took to Twitter on Monday morning to tweet about how an executive order earlier this year that suspended travel to the USA from six predominantly Muslim countries was, in fact, "a TRAVEL BAN".

"These tweets may make some ppl feel better, but they certainly won't help [Office of Solicitor General] get 5 votes in SCOTUS, which is what actually matters", he wrote.

The interview spawned from Trump's Monday tweet parade wherein he called Khan's reaction to the London attacks a "pathetic excuse", pushing to implement his formerly failed travel ban.

The president sent out various tweets Monday following the DOJ's request that the Supreme Court review the appeals court decision blocking his executive order temporarily stopping refugee resettlement and the immigration of individuals from certain countries.

In Saudi Arabia, Trump admits India is 'victim of terrorism'
Among the agreements was an arms deal worth nearly $110 billion with Saudi Arabia, described as the largest in USA history. In his speech, Trump said the agreements will "create many hundreds of thousands of jobs in America and Saudi Arabia".

The revised order narrowed the scope of the original, but both have been blocked by lower courts.

Conway said Trump is doing himself no favors with his tweets.

The ban is now headed to the Supreme Court, where those suing are expected to file legal briefs next week. The Justice Department has repeatedly tried to distance Trump's comments as President and during the campaign from its case looking to lift a legal ban against his executive order.

The three moved away from the attack and then devoted air time to covering the travel ban as well as former FBI Director James Comey's upcoming Senate hearing. They're savage murders. It's an evil slaughter as the president said last night.

Griezmann favourite over Mbappe & Lukaku to become Man Utd's first summer signing
The Champions League qualification was the main task for United , as it'll be a massive boost for signing players, and it's where the club belong.

Other reports by Info About Network

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER